This is a full time, 2 year course, which covers a range of health and social care topics, which are assessed internally by subject teachers. Learners will prepare for a health-related career with this 2-year Health and Social Care course. It will give you the opportunity to develop your academic and writing skills.
Some of the topics covered are:
● Safeguarding adults
● Anatomy and physiology for health and social care
● Communication in health and social care
This course is for learners who would like to work with individuals who may be vulnerable and/ or require some additional support with tasks of daily living. This provides a stimulating learning environment and promotes positive learning. The course will also help develop those all-important employability skills that will help you decide on your career path.
You are required to have 4 GCSEs at grade 4-9, including English and, Maths at Grade 4.
● You will be assessed through a variety of assessment methods including discussions, displays, case studies, presentations and written work. The course is graded pass, merit, distinction and distinction star*
On successful completion of this qualification you can progress onto:
● Full time employment in the health and social care sector
● Advanced Apprenticeship
● University study
● Work in the social and care sector
Please Note: While every effort is made to maintain the accuracy of these details, changes can and do occur. Please confirm the course details when enrolling.