Throughout this course you will study 4 Units in total of which will include: Core science and application of science, investigation skills and practical laboratory techniques.
You will sit 2 examinations over the two-year course that have their basis in Chemistry, Biology and Physics. You will learn through a variety of teaching methods which will aim to meet the needs of each individual and accommodate different learning styles for example, case studies, assessments, group work, practical work, projects, extended writing and interactive activities.
The topics covered are relevant and link to many areas of employment or study with a medical professional and science career focus. The course will include practical Chemistry, Physics and Biology.
You are required to have 4 GCSEs at grade 4-9, including English, Maths and Science at Grade 4.
● You will be assessed through a variety of assessment methods including discussions, displays, case studies, presentations, extended written work and timed assessments throughout the course.
● There are 4 written examinations spread across year one and two as well as practical assessment and assignments.
● All Units must be achieved at Pass or above.
On successful completion of this qualification you can progress onto:
● Degree level study of Biomedical Science, Environmental Science, Biochemistry or another related subject.
● It also provides you with useful and transferable skills which can be appropriate to many other areas of study or employment.
● Higher level apprenticeships in the medical or scientific fields
Please Note: While every effort is made to maintain the accuracy of these details, changes can and do occur. Please confirm the course details when enrolling.