Pearson BTEC Level 1/Level 2 First Award in Performing Arts: Throughout the course you will develop a range of skills and knowledge preparing you for progression onto the Level 3 courses available at Clarendon Sixth Form College, including:
BTEC MUSICAL THEATRE
You will study a variety of units, including:
● Individual Showcase
● Acting Skills
● Dance Skills
● Musical Theatre Skills
A warm welcome to YOU from the Clarendon Sixth Form Centre for Performing Arts!
In these dreams our future begins
The whole team is really excited to be joining you on the next step of your journey into the Performing Arts.
We really want you to enjoy your time with us and to be the very best version of yourself that you can possibly be. We will support you, challenge you and open your eyes to the potential for a fantastic and varied future in the Performing Arts industry.
● At Clarendon Sixth Form college, we are more like a family and you will find very quickly that you make a lot of very close friends and find a special place with people who share your passion and your dream.
● You will often be given 1-2-1 support with a teacher to help you to be the very best you can be.
● You will be assigned a Progress Tutor who will specifically look after your pastoral and course requirements
● You will be assessed through a variety of assessment methods including discussions, presentations, written work and practical assessments
● You will have the opportunity to be involved in a rich and diverse enrichment programme, which will include:
● At least 10 Public Performances, including a Christmas Café Theatre piece, 1 BIG Musical and 1 contemporary play
● TIE: (Theatre In Education). Directly bringing theatre into local schools with music, singing and dance workshops
● Fight Club: Stunt and stage combat work, including unarmed and rapier & dagger training.
● Dance Club: A wide selection of dance including: Ballet, street, modern, ballroom and tap. A fantastic opportunity for you to develop dance and fitness, for fun or at a higher level.
● Song Club: Fun, weekly singing sessions to improve your voice and to have an opportunity to sing in public, as part of a choir or as a solo performer.
● Audition class: Essential for your progression into drama school. This is led by an experienced and professional acting coach and author with many years’ experience supporting young people, just like you, into gaining a place at the top UK drama schools.
The staff at Clarendon Sixth Form college have supported their previous students in reaching their goals and securing places at top UK Drama schools, including: ALRA, Arden School of Theatre, Arts Ed, Guildford School of Acting (GSA), Laine Theatre Arts, Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts, Royal Central School of Speech and Drama, Urdang Academy, Guildhall School of Music and Drama.
From 2018, Arts Ed will be holding their auditions here at Clarendon Sixth Form college and have kindly agreed to give FREE auditions to ALL Clarendon Sixth Form students!
KIT LIST REQUIREMENTS FOR YOUR COURSE:
● Black T shirts
● Loose fitting black tracksuit or black jogging trousers and black sweatshirt
● Trainers / running shoes
● Water bottle
● Digital voice recorder (not your mobile) for recording singing and lectures
● Ring binder folders with A-4 paper and pens
● Memory stick/USB
● Black Suit
● One pair of black shoes - (plain - not Dr Martens)
● One white shirt
● One black, full length skirt
● One pair of black shoes - (heel - no higher than 1”)
Many classes will be in bare feet and you may want to bring along a towel and bottled water.
For our level 2 course, you are required to have 4 GCSEs at grade D/5. However, we are keen to nurture artistic talent, so just come and talk to us and we will do all we can to ensure that you have the opportunity to study your passion and follow your dream with us here, at Clarendon Sixth Form College.
You will be required to undertake an interview and join our fun, full-day audition and write a short 500 word piece explaining a little about yourself and why you want to be a performer: this is a fantastic opportunity to showcase your talent beyond your academic achievement.
On successful completion of this qualification, many young people progress into Higher Education at Drama School or University, where they continue to train to become professional performers, or train as teachers or professional coaches.
Many young people move immediately into industry and can often be seen on stage and television.
Please Note: While every effort is made to maintain the accuracy of these details, changes can and do occur. Please confirm the course details when enrolling.