Throughout this 2 year course you will study 6 Units in total which will include a core unit of Health & Safety and a mix of mechanical/electrical units to give an overview of a range of engineering disciplines.
Units could include: Maths for Engineering Technicians, Mechanical Principles, Electrical Principles, Engineering Materials, Computer Aided Design and Digital & Analogue Devices.
Assessments are assignment based and are ongoing throughout the duration of the course. You will learn through a variety of teaching methods which will aim to meet the needs of each individual and accommodate different learning styles for example: group work, practical work, projects, extended writing and interactive activities.
The units covered have been developed to meet the needs of industry and link to many areas of engineering employment or further study within the engineering sector. You will use the latest industrial machinery, equipment and industry standard software to support your development and skills.
You are required to have 4 GCSEs at grade 4-9, including English and Maths at Grade 4.
● You will be assessed through a variety of assessment methods including assignments, presentations, extended written work and practical tasks throughout the course.
● There are 4 assignments for each unit of study and these are planned throughout each year of the course.
● All Units must be achieved at Pass or above.
On successful completion of this qualification you can progress onto:
● Extended Diploma in Engineering.
● It also provides you with useful knowledge and transferable skills for entry to a higher level apprenticeship programme within the engineering sector.
● Direct entry to University (when combined with 2 other subjects as part of a study programme)
Please Note: While every effort is made to maintain the accuracy of these details, changes can and do occur. Please confirm the course details when enrolling.